2.02.2012

Rural Thursday Blog Hop # 1


Burnt Hay Field

Rural Thursday is a new weekly blog hop where you can share what's happening around your place (rural/country/farm home).

On the way to work I couldn't help but notice the errie fog over the field they had burned the day before - very Carefully because of all of the swamp fires down here in the past year.  But to get the good hay, the fields have to be black before the can turn a pretty green.

Nothing can replace my Nikon DSLR but I've been using my Android Razr phone more and more withe the Retro Camera App because, as they say "The best camera is the one you have with you".  So I stopped and grabbed a shot.  I then processed this with Kim Klassesn's Simplicity and Plaster Squared Textures.

Along with Rural Thursday, I am sharing this with Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesday and Emily's Tones on Tuesday.







kimklassencafeScattered Horizons


11 comments:

  1. This is an amazing shot, Lynette! I'm so glad you stopped to take it. I'm so jealous of people with iPhones! I'm still stuck with my old Blackberry. :)

    Thank you for sharing at Rural Thursday! Very much appreciated. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. powerful shot! great capture!
    thanks so much for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shot and the fog on the edge of the field gives a very strong photo effect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting picture - it almost looks like you could go swimming in the field! Thanks for linking up to Rural Thursday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks really green to be burnable. :) came over from rural thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful job processing that phone photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. stopping over thanks to "rural journal". love the great view. (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely capture! The tones, the texture and the overall feel of the photo are stunning. Thank you for sharing and for linking up with Tones on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete